1. Eat a healthy dietChoosing a proper and healthy food and eating at a proper time will not grantee cancer prevention but it might help reduce the risk.
Consider these guidelines:
- Avoid obesity: Eat lighter by choosing less high calorie food, including refined sugars and the fats from animal source. Must eat boiled vegetable which are good source of fiber which helps keep the intestine work properly.
- Eat plenty of fruit: fruits contain lot of fibers and vitamin which help in maintaining the proper digestive system
- Avoid Alcohol: the risk of various type of cancer including the cancer of breast, colon, lung, kidney and liver are caused by the consumption of alcohol.
- Limit the consumption of process of meat: according to the report of international Agency for Research on Cancer and the cancer agency of the World Health Organization consumption of this process meat in large amounts can slightly increase the risk of certain types of cancer.
- Take Mediterranean diet: it is said that the people who take Mediterranean diet like supplement with extra virgin olive oil and mixed nuts have a reduce risk of cancer. The Mediterranean diet focuses on mostly plant based food, such as nuts, legumes, whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
2. Maintain a healthy weight and be physically activeMaintaining of low and healthy weight might lower the risk of various types of cancer. The weight of the body must not exceed it must be according to the height of the person. Body mass could be maintaining by keep check on the body mass by the BMI calculator. Physical activity also counts a lot it helps to maintain your weight and health. Physical activity even helps to cut loss the extra weight if you have. Physical activity helps somehow to reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer. To read the detail of how we should maintain our physical fitness do read our resource article on Physical Fitness which contains all the detail about how to be Physically fit.
3. Immunizedcancer prevention includes prevention form certain viral infection which are the cause of the cancer. You must talk to your doctor to get the immunization against such type of infections.
Here are some examples of the infection from which you should get immunization through vaccination:
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus): this is a sexually transmitted disease which can lead to head, neck, genital cancer, as well as cervical and sarcoma cell cancer. The HPV vaccination is available. The recommended age for this vaccination is from 11 and 12 for both girls and boys. But it is also available for the 26-year-old man and women who are not vaccinated at younger age.
- HBV (Hepatitis B) and HCV (Hepatitis C): both are the causes of viral Hepatitis a type of liver infection. It can be the cause of the liver cancer. Vaccine is available for hepatitis. The vaccine is highly recommended for the people who use drugs and are sexually active. The health care and public safety workers who might be exposed to the infected blood or many other body fluids are also at high risk of been infected by these infections.
- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV): EBV is a type of herpes virus. Is best known for the causing infection mononucleosis, often called “mono” or the “kissing disease.” In addition to kissing this can be spread through coughing, sneezing or by sharing drinks. Vaccine for EBV is available. From the past records it has been found that the success of this vaccination is about 10% in both
- lung, mouth, throat, larynx, pancreas, bladder, cervix and kidney. Tobacco is considered to be cancer causing because it contains the chemical which are carcinogenic in nature. Which cause changes in the DNA replication which leads to cancer.
4. Avoid the direct sunlight:
UV radiation which is one of the main cancer causing factor in certain part of the world due to depletion of the Ozone layer. As the large amount of UV radiation is block by the ozone layer and small amount of UV light comes to earth which is less harmful. Skin cancer is the mainly caused by the radiation from sunlight. There are ways through which this risk can be reduce which are:
- Cover the expose areas: should wear those cloths which cover all the body parts when you are going out in the sunlight. The cloths which you opt to wear should be of bright colors so that UV light could be reflected.
- Use suns cream: whenever you go out in sunlight do apply suns cream. Suns creams help to protect you from harmful radiation somehow but not always.
- Avoid midday sunlight: midday sunlight is dangerous for the skin as the sun is at its peak. The timing at which the sunlight is stronger are from 10 am to 4pm.
- Avoid the sunlamps: these sunlamps are also as dangerous as the sunlight because they also somehow emit radiations.
5. Avoid unusual activities:You should take care of yourself and avoid such activities which could lead to cancer. These activities include
- Don’t share: don’t share things with the strangers. For whom you don’t know the medical back ground. Even sharing of any kind of needles are also harmful as they might carry the infected virus such as HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C which could lead to cancer. It’s better to use new needle all the time.
- Practices safe sex: there are many diseases which are manly transmitted sexually which include HIV or HVP people who have these diseases are at high risk of cancer. To prevent of these types of disease and have safe sex the use of condom is recommended this is the best way of protecting yourself from sexually transmitted disease. HPV is most often associated with cervical cancer, but it might also increase the risk of cancer of the anus, penis, throat, vulva and vagina. Whereas HIV is human immunodeficiency virus which attacks on the immune system of human and weaken it which result in multiple form of disease which are opportunistic. Which lead to cancer.
6. Get regular medical checkup:last but not the least is the medical checkup. People should keep the record of their health by regularly visiting their doctor and they must have complete body examination once in two weeks. Which will help to keep the record and check on their health status. Screening is the best way to know whether you have any type of cancer or not.
These are just small steps to prevent cancer which are in your own hands. Just keep them in mind and you will be surely safe.