Everyone is always talking about losing weight but some skinny peoples actually like to gain a little weight. Some people are naturally quite small and they too feel the effects of bullying. It can be very tough for a person with a fast metabolism to gain body weight. Healthy weight gain requires a balanced approach, just like a weight loss program.
Diet Tips of Weight Gain:Weight gain can be a time-consuming process. But you need to be patient and practice it correctly. Your aim is to gain weight in a healthy manner.
Eliminate the Causes of Underweight:
Make clear that you do not suffer from underlying disease that cause weight loss or too much weight gain and that other important factors such as medications, depression, or anxiety are not preventing you from gaining weight.
Eat More Calories:
If you want to gain weight you need to increase your daily calorie intake.Increase your calorie intake by 20%.If you find you are not gaining weight with an extra 20% calories, increase your calorie intake in increments of about 100 calories until you experience weight gain.Unlike fat loss, gaining quality weight is a slow process. We don’t want to add a large number of calories from the start, as this will just result in the extreme fat gain. Eat foods that are rich in calories like pulses, cereals, meat, bread, rice, dry fruits, and nuts.Try almonds, sunflower seeds, fruit, or whole-grain, wheat toast.
Eating Caloric Dense Food:
High-density foods are foods which (measure by volume) contain a high number of calories per serving. Calorie dense foods are high in fat or sugar due to the fact that all proteins and all carbohydrates contain four calories per gram while all fats contain nine calories per gram.The high dense foods are high in calories and in nutrients such as nuts, dried fruits, and avocados. Donuts, cakes and fast foods are calorie rich, but nutrient poor. You’ll gain weight, but risk heart disease, diabetes, and other serious illnesses.
Eating mini meals more frequently may help cut down the volume of your meals so you don’t feel so full all the time.Eating snacks between meals can add a significant amount of calories to your diet. Again, make sure your snacks are reasonably healthy. Six small, high-protein meals a day, such as egg white omelets, tuna sandwiches, and ground turkey are ideal.
Change up your Exercise Routine:
Too much aerobic exercise will burn calories and work against your weight goal, strength training can help. This includes weightlifting or yoga. You gain weight by building muscle.
Food habits that help you gain weight:
Chew the food properly to improve digestion process. Avoid excessive intake of beverages such as coffee and tea immediately after meals, as this hinders the absorption of minerals like iron.
Diet Plan for Weight Gain:
Breakfast:(7am - 8am)
- 2 toasted bran bread slices and omelet with tea or milk.
- A bowl of oatmeal boiled with a cup of skimmed milk. It can be topped with some fruits of your choice such as banana, apple or berries.
- A whole wheat (chakki atta) paratha made in 1 spoon of desi ghee with milk or unsweetened juice of your choice.
- A boiled egg and a slice of bran bread.
- Snacks:(9:30 am - 10:30 am)
- 1 glass Orange juice
- 1 cup sliced Carrots
- 1 cup Cucumber slices
- 1 Apple
- A handful of Almonds
Lunch time: (1 pm - 2 pm)
- 2 palm-sized chapattis, ½ cup vegetable curry, 1 cup daal and a bowl of salad.
- A cup of plain rice with ½ cup vegetable curry, 1 cup daal and a bowl of salad.
- Chicken Tikka , chattni and a bowl of salad .
Tea Time:(4:30 pm -5:30 pm)
- Eat 2 slices of brown bread with cheese.
- 1 glass of banana shake/custard apple shake/mango shake.
- 2 vegetable sandwich with cheese and Cup of tea or coffee.
Dinner: (8:30 -9:30)
- 1 phulka or roti, ½ plate vegetable bhujia, 1 cup daal and a bowl of salad.
- 1 cup plain rice with 1 cup daal and a bowl of vegetable raita.
- 2 pieces of chicken tikka with 1 chapatti and salad or ½ bowl yogurt.
- 1/2 cup of pudding and any other sweet dish.
- 1 cup of milk,2-3 biscuits.
Follow these tips and diet plan to put on weight. Say goodbye to your skinny self.